The Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) annually conducts the VITEEE or the VIT Engineering Entrance Examination for admission in its various engineering courses. The VIT University offers an exclusive scholarship programme under its the GV School Development Programme (GVSDP) under which :
- Toppers of each State Board and Central Board get a 100% tuition fee waiver for all the four years.
- Top 50 VITEEE Rank holders get 75% tuition fee waiver for all the four years.
- VITEEE Rank holders 51 – 100 get 50% tuition fee waiver for all the four years.
- VITEEE Rank holders 101 – 1000 get 25% tuition fee waiver for all the four years.
1. Nationality: The applicant should be Resident / Non Resident Indian National.
2. Qualifying exam: Candidates appearing for the VITEEE 2016 should have either completed or shall be appearing in 2016, in any one of the following qualifying examinations:
- The final examination of the 10+2 system of Higher Secondary Examination conducted by the State Board, CBSE, or ISCE.
- Intermediate or Two-year Pre-University Examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London / Cambridge / Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) Level.
- Candidates who have studied in regular, full time and formal education alone, are eligible to apply.
3. Criteria in qualifying exam: Candidates appearing for VITEEE in 2016 should have secured an aggregate of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology in the qualifying examination (+2/ Intermediate). The average marks obtained in the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology (PCM / PCB) in +2 (or its equivalent) put together should be 50% for candidates belonging to SC/ST and those hailing from Jammu & Kashmir and the North Eastern states.
4. Age Limit: Candidates whose date of birth falls on or after July 1, 1994 are eligible to apply for VITEEE 2016.
1. The duration of the entrance examination will be 2 hours 30 minutes.
2. All Questions will be of OBJECTIVE TYPE.
3. The question paper will be in three parts:
- PART-I – Physics
- PART-II – Chemistry
- PART-III – Mathematics / Biology
4. Candidates attempting Physics,Chemistry & Biology are eligible for B.Tech Bio-Medical Engineering, Biotechnology and Computer Science and Engg(Spec.in Bioinformatics) programmes only.
5. All the questions will be mostly from the State Board and the CBSE syllabus ONLY.
6. Each part has 40 questions and each question carries one mark.
7. Each question is followed by 4 alternative answers. No negative marks for wrong answers.
Rajesh Dalvi says
When and where the exam will be held?