What were the three events that paved the way for modern democracy
- The Glorious Revolution of 1688 led to the dethroning of King James -II and the seizing of the throne by his daughter Mary.
- The British monarchs issued a bill which reduced the powers of a king.
- The American War of independence ended the British rule in USA and led to an option of federal constitution in 1787.
- The third remarkable event was the French Revolution in 1789 which popularised the ideas of Liberty, Fraternity and Equality.
- It ended monarchy and established people's rule in France.