what are deficiency diseases?
- Deficiency Diseases or disorders occur mainly due to the deficiency of one or more nutrients in the diet over a long period of time. For example,
- Night blindness disease is caused due to the deficiency of vitamin A in the diet.
- Beri beri disease is caused due to the deficiency of vitamin-B.
- Anaemia disease is caused due to the deficiency of iron.
More to Know:
- Infectious disease transmitted only by a specific kind of contact. It is caused by the entrance into the body of organisms (as bacteria, protozoans, fungi, or viruses) which grow and multiply there.
- Deficiency disease is a disease caused by the lack of some essential or important element in the diet, usually a particular vitamin or mineral.