Prepare a table with all the properties of parallelogram (square,rectangle,etc.).Also find relations among them if any.
A parallelogram is a flat shape with opposite sides parallel and equal.
The properties of a parallelogram are as follows:
i. Opposite sides of a parallelogram are parallel and equal.
ii. Opposite angles of a parallelogram are of equal measure.
iii. The adjacent angles in a parallelogram are supplementary.
iv. The diagonals of a parallelogram are not always equal. However, they bisect each other.
1) A plane figure with four equal straight sides and four right angles.
2) All interior angles 90°
3) The diagonals bisect each other at right angles.
(1) opposite sides that are parallel,
(2) opposite angles that are congruent,
(3) opposite sides that are congruent,
(4) consecutive angles that are supplementary, and
(5) diagonals that bisect each other.
(6) All four angles of a rectangle are right angles.
(7) The diagonals of a rectangle are congruent.
Rhombus- A rhombus is a quadrilateral with four congruent sides.
Similar to the definition of a rectangle, we could have used the word "parallelogram" instead of "quadrilateral" in our definition of rhombus. Thus, rhombuses have all of the properties of parallelograms (stated above), along with a few others.
Let's look at these properties.
(1) Consecutive sides of a rhombus are congruent.
(2) The diagonals of a rhombus bisect pairs of opposite angles.
(3) The diagonals of a rhombus are perpendicular.