"Politics and social divisions must not be allowed to mix." Define the statement
- India is democratic in nature
- It is a social secular country
- Hence, it should be understood that politics have no rights to interfere or hamper the smooth functioning of social divisions present in our country
- As per the Constitution of India, any person can preach or follow their own religion irrespective of their caste, creed etc
- All people in India enjoy the major fundamental rights like right of equality, right of freedom etc.
- Judiciary power safeguard the fundamental rights of the people thereby avoiding social injustice
negative impact of social divison on politics
- combination of politics and social divisons is very dangerous and explosive
- involves competition
- tends to divide society
- leads to conflict and violence
- leads to political divison and even disintegration of the country
- If political parties start competing in terms of some existing social divisions,it can make social divisions into political divisions and lead to conflict,violence or even disintegration of a country.
- The struggle in Ireland in which hundreds of civilians, militants and security forces were killed because of the combination of ploitics and social divisions.
- Combination of politics and social division became the major factor responsible for the disintegration of Yugoslavia into six independent countries.