give any 3 characteristics of political parties?
- Political parties agree to some policies and programmes for the society with a fiew to promote collective good.
- Since there can be different views on what is good for all, political parties try to persuade people why their policies are better than others' policies.
- They seek to implement these policies and programmes by winning popular support of people through elections.
- Since parties are a part of the society, they involve partisanship.
- Parties reflect political divisions of a society.
hope it helped...
thumbs up pleazz...
The basic purpose of political parties is to nominate candidates for public office and to get as many of them elected as possible. Once elected, these officials try to achieve the goals of their party through legislation and program initiatives. Although many people do not think of it this way, registering as a Democrat or Republican makes them members of a political party. Political parties want as many people involved as possible. Most members take a fairly passive role, simply voting for their party's candidates at election time. Some become more active and work as officials in the party or volunteer to persuade people to vote. The most ambitious members may decide to run for office themselves.
(i) Political parties contest elections and share power.
(ii) They agree on some policies and programmes for the society to promote collective good.
(iii) If a political party is unable to win a majority, it makes an alliance with other parties to form a Coalition Government.
(iv) Political parties try to persuade people that their policies are better than others.
The above characteristics show that political parties are necessary for a democracy.