differentiate between sectional interest group and public interest group? (3 points atleast)
sectional interest groups-
- the groups which seek to promote the interests of a particular section or group of society are called sectional interest groups.
- they are called sectional because unlike the public interest groups they do not promote collective gud but only selective gud.
- the main aim of the sectional interest group is the welfare of the members of a particular section of society only.
- eg-FEDECOR in bolivia,indian trade unions etc......
public interest groups-
- the groups which do not seek to promote d interests of a paricular section or group of society but for various sections of the society are called public interest groups.
- they are called public because unlike the sectional interest groups they do not promote selective gud but collective gud.
- the main aim of the public interest group is the welfare of the members of various sections of the society which may also include the entire society.
- eg- BAMCEF in india which consists of govt. employees who fight against boned labour etc.
hope this helps you frnd...........