Ship of the Desert miles King of the Forest sand thorns
1) Ship of the Desert: another name for a camel
Example sentences: 1) Camel is known as the ship of the desert.
2) The ship of the desert is usually brown in colour.
2) Miles: a very long way
Example sentences: 1) My house is 15 miles away from the river.
2) The place is miles away from here.
3) King of the Forest: another name for a lion
Example sentences: 1) The king of the forest roars loudly.
2) Everyone is scared of the king of the forest.
4) Sand: tiny grains of rock
Example sentences: 1) We were walking on the sand of the beach.
2) The sand is golden in colour.
5) Thorns: a small sharp pointed tip
Example sentences: 1) A thorn is hurting my foot.
2) The rose plant has thorns on it.
1) The camel is called the Ship of the Desert because he can walk on the desert even on hot afternoons.
2) A camel can store food in its hump for over two weeks.
3) The camel eats thorny bushes in the desert.
Make as many words as you can from within the given words. The first one is done for you.
Look at the goats in the pictures and write about them.
Disclaimer: Kindly refer the textbook for the images.
Disclaimer: Such questions are made for increasing the self creative skills and should be tried answering on your own.
1) There were two goats walking on the same log of wood to cross the river.
2) They both wanted to cross the river at the same time. But this was not possible, as the log of the wood was not wide.They both started fighting with each other.
3) As a result, both of them fell off from the bridge and went into the river.
Read these words aloud, paying attention to their spellings.
|1) I eat food very slowly.|
|2) I have got pain in my eye.|
|3) The week has seven days in it.|
|4) My sister is very weak.|
|5) Do not come in.|
|6) The inn where we stayed in was very clean.|
|7) We have no bananas.|
|8) I did not know about it.|
|9) Knot the thread tightly.|
|10) He is of a small age.|
|11) Get off from my car.|
|12) He said good-bye to me.|
|13) Reena was sitting by my side.|
|14) Our house is very near to the school.|
|15) We will be back in an hour.|
|16) I do not need breakfast today.|
|17) Knead the dough properly.|
|18) I cannot see the picture clearly.|
|19) The sea was dark blue in colour.|
|21) Mr. Ronit will be here in fifteen minutes.|
|22) I cannot hear you properly.|
|23) I had eight chocolates on my birthday.|
|24) I ate two bananas in the morning.|
|25) Two and two makes four.|
|26) I too will not be going to school tomorrow.|
Find out which animals live in
i. icy cold regions
ii. hot wet regions
iii. dry hot regions
(i) Panda, penguin
(ii) Snake, frog
(iii) Camels, snakes