market, bother, problem, dress, upset, remove, wedding, lovely, plump
1) Market: a place for purchase and sale of commodities
Example sentences: 1) We went to market to buy vegetables.
2) I met a friend in market.
2) Bother: to worry
Example sentences: 1) You do not have to bother about my homework.
2) My younger sister bothers me a lot.
3) Problem: difficulty
Example sentences: 1) I have a problem with my neighbor.
2) This problem is difficult to solve.
4) Dress: put on one's clothes
Example sentences: 1) My dress is blue in colour.
2) Everyone in the party complimented my dress.
5) Upset: unhappy
Example sentences: 1) She was upset about going back to school.
2) The scolding from her father upset her.
6) Remove: to get rid of
Example sentences: 1) Remove the books from my desk.
2) He finally removed my name from the list.
7) Wedding: a marriage ceremony
Example sentences: 1) You cannot miss my wedding in the month of December.
2) I met my best friend in a wedding.
8) Lovely: very beautiful
Example sentences: 1) She was wearing a lovely dress.
2) It is a lovely way of spending the summer evening.
9) Plump: chubby
Example sentences: 1) The fruit berries were plump.
2) I met a plump lady on the street.
1) There was great joy in Nina's house, as Nina's aunt was getting married.
2) Nina was worried about the baby sparrows in the nest that would be left hungry if no one remained at home on the day of the wedding.
3) The mother suggested that the window will be left open, so that mama and papa sparrows can feed their baby sparrows in the nest.
4) Nina found two plump little sparrows flying all over the room.
Disclaimer: These are sample answers. Students are advised to write the answers based on their on their own experience and observation.
1) Baby sparrows eat every half an hour and they eat very little.
2) I would like to wear a long white frock. I would also like to wear a crown with pearls on it.
Number the jumbled picture story correctly.
Then write the story in proper order.
"We will leave the
Nina is sad.
Nina does not
want to leave the baby
Mother asks why.
Write the story here.
Disclaimer: Kindly refer the textbook for images.
1) Nina is sad when her mother asks her about the colour of the dress she woukd like to wear.
2) Mother asks Nina about why she was sad.
3) Nina is worried, as she does not want to leave the baby sparrows alone at home.
4) Mother comes up with a bright idea and tells Nina that she will leave the window open before going to the wedding, so as mama and papa sparrows can feed their baby sparrows.
Would you like to have birds visiting you everyday?
Try making a bird-bath and a feeding corner for birds.
You can place a bowl of water in a quiet corner of the school playground.
Leave bread crumbs, grains etc. for your feathered friends.
Let’s draw and colour a bird.
|• Old greeting card|
|• Black bindi/beads for eyes|
|• Old newspaper|
|• Old shoe lace|
|i.||Make an outline of the bird on a greeting card and cut it out.|
|ii.||Cut a small square from an old newspaper and fold it to make a fan. Keep the fan closed.|
|iii.||Pass the folded fan through the cut on the bird's back and now open the folds of the fan.|
|iv.||Make the eye by sticking a bindi.|
|v.||Paste a string or old shoe lace to hang the bird.
Disclaimer: Kindly refer the textbook for the images.
Yes, I would like to have birds visiting me everyday.
Disclaimer: This is a creative activity to be done along with your friends at home.
Write down suitable words describing each picture.
Pick up the words from the list given below:
|A _________ woman||A __________ rose||A _________ boy|
|A _________ peacock||A ___________ board||A _________ Man|
|A fat woman||A red rose||A happy boy|
|A beautiful peacock||A black board||A tall man|