million floundering meshes haul contented splashing emptied wriggled warning
1) Million: a product of thousand and thousand
Example sentences: 1) A million people were present there.
2) I have heard this song a million time.
2) Floundering: struggling mentally in water to come out of something
Example sentences: 1) She was floundering when her turn came.
2) The fish was floundering in the fisherman's net.
3) Meshes: a network of wire or thread to catch hold of something
Example sentences: 1) The fish got caught in a mesh.
2) It was very easy to make a mesh out of the leftover wires.
4) Haul: to pull with effort
Example sentences: 1) He hauled his bike, as the petrol got over in it.
2) The engine hauls the other coaches of the train.
5) Contented: satisfied
Example sentences: 1) I was contented with my final results.
2) My mother was contented with her work.
6) Splashing: sound made by something falling into any liquid
Example sentences: 1) Reena was splashing cold water on her face.
2) The fish was splashing in the fresh water.
7) Emptied: to remove its contents
Example sentences: 1) She emptied her lunch box after she reached home.
2) Rohit emptied the contents of his suitcase.
8) Wriggled: twist and turn movement
Example sentneces: 1) She wriggled along with her friends in the park.
2) He wriggled after hearing the good news.
9) Warning: an advice on a serious note given in advance
Example sentences: 1) He was scared of the warning.
2) The warning made him worried.
1) There are a million fish in the sea.
2) The little fish was unhappy because he was so very small.
3) One day the fish got caught in the meshes of a great net.
4) The fish was thankful to be a little fish, as he was able to come out of the meshes of the net because of its small size.
Disclaimer: These are sample answers. Students are advised to write the answers based on their own experience and observation.
1) If I had been a fish, I might have seen sharks, whales and tortoises around me.
2) One day my mother asked me to promise her that I wouldn't watch television when she will be out of home for two hours. I promised her the same. But, I wasn't able to resist myself, as I was getting very bored all alone at home doing nothing. I forgot to lock the door of my room and switched on the television. It was only a few minutes later that my parents came and saw me watching television. It was a very embarrassing moment for me, as I did not mean to hurt her.
Look at the pattern and fill in the blanks.
Fill in the blanks with the right word from the box.
|a glass of||______________||a bunch of||______________|
|a box of||______________||a herd of||______________|
|a sheet of||______________||a pack of||______________|
|a glass of||water||a bunch of||flowers|
|a box of||matches||a herd of||cows|
|a sheet of||paper||a pack of||wolves|
Look at the following sentence.
If I were only larger, how much happier I could be.
Make more sentences like this using the words in the box.
1. If I were only thinner, how much happier I could be.
2. If I were only smaller, how much happier I could be.
3. If I were taller, how much happier I would be.
4. If I were younger, how much happier I could be.
5. If I were cleverer, how much happier I could be.
6. If I were older, how much happier I could be.
Singing or Crying?
Mahesh sings a little song.
Venkatesh looks at him.
"Why are you crying, Mahesh?" he asks.
Mahesh says, "I'm not crying.
I'm singing an English song!"
Choose the right words.