Cell : The Unit of Life
- It is the basic structural and functional unit of life.
- Anton Von Leeuwenhoek saw and described a live cell.
- Robert Brown discovered nucleus.
- The name chromatin was given by Fleming.
- Schleiden and Schwann formulated the cell theory.
- Rudolf Virchow gave the concept Omnis cellula-e cellula i.e., all cells arise from pre-existing cells.
- According to present day cell theory:
- All living organisms are made up of cells.
- All cells arise from pre-existing cells.
- It includes bacteria, blue-green algae, mycoplasma, and PPLO.
- Nuclear region is poorly defined. Nuclear material is naked.
- They lack membrane-bound cell organelles such as plastids, mitochondrion, endoplasmic reticulum, etc.
- Along with genomic DNA, they also have smaller circular DNA called plasmids.
- Mesosome, a speci…
To view the complete topic, please