How do Organisms Reproduce
- Biological process by which a living organism produces offspring similar to itself.
- Not essential for survival, helps in the perpetuation of species.
- Information is transferred from the parents to the offspring in the form of DNA.
- DNA (Deoxyribonucleic acid)- a genetic material found in chromosomes present in the nucleus of the cell.
- Two types of reproduction-sexual and asexual.
- Sexual reproduction
- Requires two parents.
- Involves fusion of male and female gametes.
- Allows more variations in offsprings.
- Angiosperms- flowering plants
- Flower is the reproductive part of angiosperms.
- Four parts of flowers– sepals, petals, stamens, and carpels/pistils
- Sepals- green in colour, protect flower …
To view the complete topic, please