1. The 7th Amendment of the Indian Constitution provides for a broad structure of municipalities for the governance of towns and cities.
2. The state government supervises the Municipal Corporation.
3. At the time of independence , there were only two Municipal Corporations in India -in Mumbai and Chennai.
4. A voter must be 18 years of age who contests the election of the ward councillor.
5. The residents sat on 'dhama' to protect against the irregularities in Kodigehalli CMC in Bangalore, Karnataka.