write a short note on santosh yadav
Such questions need to be attempted on your own to test your creative writing skills. However, these points might help you elaborate:
- Santosh Yadav is the only woman in the world to scale the Mount Everest twice in less than a year.
- She was born in 10 October, 1967 in a very small village in India named Joniyawas of Rewari District in Haryana.
- From a very young age Santosh began to live life on her own terms. She did not follow the traditional way of life like other girls in her village.
- She wanted to get proper education. Therefore, she enrolled herself in a school in Delhi despite protests from her parents.
- After finishing high school, she went to Jaipur to study at Maharani College and got a room in Kasturba Hostel.
- While staying in Kasturba Hostel, she became fascinated with mountaineering.
- She was so determined that she saved money and joined Uttarkashi’s Nehru Institute of Mountaineering.
- In 1992, she scaled the Mount Everest to become the youngest woman in the world to do so.
- She scaled the Mount Everest again the next year as a member of Indo-Nepalese Women’s Expedition.
- She was honoured with the Padma Shri award by the Indian government in recognition of her achievements.