write a paragraph on ways to create awareness about road safety norms.
Everyone needs to be well aware of the road traffic rules especially children and young people who are at significant road accident risks. According to the statistics (World Health Organization, 2008), it is found that most of the hospitalization cases and leading cause of death are because of the road trauma.Road Safety Essay 2 (150 words)
Road safety is very necessary while being on the road and must know by all because road accidents are the leading cause of death. Everyone should learn the road traffic and safety rules at a very early age to perform safer behaviors in the later life. Following are the road safety rules:
- Everyone going on the road (especially drivers) must be to the left and let other vehicles pass on the opposite direction to pass.
- Drivers should be in slow speed while bending or turning on the roads.
- Take extra precaution while going on the over-crowded roads and road junctions.
- Bikers or people using two wheel vehicles must wear helmets of superior quality otherwise they should never go on the road without helmet.
- Speeds of the vehicles should be within the speed limit and slow especially in the areas of school, hospital, colony, etc.
- Every vehicle on the road should maintain the right distance among them to avoid collisions and accidents.
- Everyone using road should be well aware of the road signs and must follow rules.
- All the road safety rules and regulations must be in mind while traveling.
As we all are well aware that road accidents, injury and death has been very common now-a-days. People not following the road traffic rules and road safety measures are the main cause of such accidents on the roads. We always hear in the news or by our friends about the road accidents because of the wrong side driving, lack of road safety rules, measures, high speed, drunk driving, etc. Government has made variety of road traffic and road safety rules for everyone using road for their safety and reducing the number of daily road accidents. We should follow the all the rules and regulations such as practicing defensive driving, using safety measures, maintaining speed limit, understanding road signs, etc.
Road safety risks have been increased because of the driver distraction due to the use of cell-phone or other electronic devices while driving. In such cases, traffic laws and rules helps us a lot to keep away from the road accidents and injury. Road safety measures are the tools can save from the expensive traffic fines, serious offences, removal of driving licenses, etc. Pedestrians also know the rules of walking on the road like proper use of crosswalks, use of zebra crossing, etc.
Road Safety, this is the leading issue now a days. It is the most important and must duty of every Indian citizen.The colloquial solution behind this is to take a note of the traffic rules and follow them.People should probably take all the assistance for the road safety. Drivers should take charge of resting the seat belt over their shoulders. People driving two wheeled vehicles must always wear the helmet for their own safety.This prohibits the brain from damaging in case of accidents. Crossing of roads should be practiced only at the time of red signals. Car drivers must also make it a habit of driving car at the time of the green signal. They must keep their vehicles ready to be driven at the time of the yellow signal. No person should interrupt by crossing the road in the yellow or green signals.” Road accidents are causing great disturbance in the day to day life of the people. Firstly, people should keep a habit of crossing the road at the zebra crossing. The traffic signals should not be disobeyed by the drivers.
Drinking and driving should be strictly prohibited. Traffic rules are taught to school children as a part of their knowledge. Parents should be the one who should take lead in guiding their children towards traffic rules practically.