Why is it necessary to have political parties in a democracy? Plz explain.
The need for political parties are:
- Need for aggregation, articulation and organisation of interests
- Useful for political culture in a country
- Useful for the education of electorates and electoral processes
- Diversity of options for electorates in a democracy
- Make policy for the people when in government
- Act as opposition when not in government
2. The govt. may be formed, but its utility will remain ever uncertain.
3. Elected representative will be accountable to their constituency for what they do in the locality. But, no one will be responsible for how country will run.
Also if we look at the non-party based elections to the Panchayats in many states, although, the parties do not contest formally, it is generally noticed the village gets split into more than one faction, each of which puts up a ‘panel’ of its candidates.
This is why we find political parties in almost all countries of the world.
political parties play a major role in democracy as parties :
1. contest elections
2. make laws
3.forms and runs government
4. provide access to govt. programmes and welfare scheme
5. put forward policies and programmes
6. shape public opinion.
For more details you can refer to NCERT page number 73,74
PLZ THUMBS UP IF THIS HELPED YOU..
We can understand the necessity of political parties by imaging a situation without parties. Every candidate in the elections will be independent. So, no one will be able to make any promise to the people about any major policy changes. The government may be formed, but its utility will remain ever uncertain. Elected representative will be accountable to their constituency for what they do in the locality. But, no one will be responsible for how the country run.
political parties are necessary in a democracy because:
1. It stands as intermediary between citizens and govenment.
2. Through parties, people can show their problems and opinions before govt.
3.promises would be given to people which would be accomplished by parties.
4.oppostion parties can oppose the wrong deeds of ruling party.