what were the condition that encouraged urbanisation in the Gangetic Plains?
The conditions that encouraged urbanization in the Gangetic plains included the following:
- The area is very flat and fertile
- It offers very suitable climate for the growth of a wide variety of crops
- Its terrain made it possible for the development of infrastructure that led to the development of cities
- It is criss-crossed by several rivers that have helped in the human settlements in the area.
- It is for these reasons that the region is also one of the most densely populated areas in the world.