What is the status of Women representations in INdia s Legislative bodies?
in india , the proportion of women in legislature has been very low, for example , the percentage of elected women members in lok sabha has never reached 10 per cent of its total strength.their share in the state assemblies is less than 5 per cent.in this respect , india is among the bottom group of nations in the world.in the government , cabinets are largely all male even when a women becomes chief minister or prime minister.
1. Women today do not hold even 10 percent of total strength in Lok Sabha.
2. Their share in State Assemblies is less than 5 percent.
3. The move to make 33 percent reservation for women in all the legislatures of India has not yet succeeded.
4. Cabinets are also male dominated even when a woman becomes a Chief Minister or the Prime Minister.
5. Regarding women's representation, India is among the bottom group of nations in the world.
Hope this helps you. Thumbs up!!!