what are public interest groups ? give examples
Public Interest Groups or Promotional Groups are a kind of groups which promote collective good, (i.e) the interests of many people collectively. Their aim is to help those other than the members of their group, unlike the Sectional Interest Groups. Examples are BAMCEF(Backward Minorities Community Employees Federation), which is an organisation which fights against cast discrimination.
- They represent some common or general interests.
- They promote collective rather than selective goods.
- They are public because they taking issues relating to the society.
- These groups undertake activity that benefit them as well as others too.
- Eg:- 1.FEDECOR in Bolivia. 2. Backward and minorities community employees Federation (BAMCEF) in India.(It is an organisational campaign against caste discrimination and is concerned with social justice and equality for entire society.)
Give a thumbs up.