list major differences between manuscript and inscriptions.
- the word manuscript comes from the latin word manu which means hand and script means letters
- these were usually written on palm leaf or a specially prepared bark of a tree known as the Birch
- writting on a relatively hard surfaces such as stones or metals are called inscriptions
- they are imperishable and can survive for a long time
the major difference between manu script and inscriptions are -
- manuscripts were written mostly on the bark of a birch tree
- inscripts were CARVED on stones
and due to the above mentioned reasons the inscriptions have survived and archeologists have found a number of them whereas the manuscripts have been mostly eaten up by the insects so we dont have much manuscripts by now.