list 3 properties of mixtures
Following are the properties of a mixture
1) The composition of a mixture is not fixed. A mixture is formed by the physical combination of two or more pure substances in any proportion. For example a solution of sugar in water is a mixture.
2) Constituents of a mixture can be separated by physical processes such as evaporation, boiling etc.
3) No chemical process is involved in the formation of a mixture.
4) The properties of the components of a mixture are retained.
Three properties of Mixtures are:-
1) There is no fixed composition in mixtures.
Eg. Copper and tin are mixed together in variable ratios to form brass. Therefore, it is a mixture.
2) Mixtures do not have a fixed boiling point.
This is due to the varying composition of its constituents. Its different
constituents have different boiling points, therefore resulting in its unfixed
3) Mixtures do not have a fixed boiling point.
The reason is similar to the reason given for its unfixed boiling points.