how can political parties be reformed?
Some reforms to strengthen the working of political parties:
* Anti defection law
* Reduction in the influence of money
* It is important for a candidate to file an affidavit giving details of his property and eliminate cases pending against him/ her.
* Election Commission has made it necessary for political parties to hold their organisational elections and file their income tax returns
parties can reform in following ways
1. According to law of Constitution any MLA or MP changing political party will lose their seat in the legislature. It helped in bringing defection down and elected MP and MLA have to abide by partyâ�‚��„�s rule and regulations.
2. Supreme Court passed an order that made mandatory for every candidate who contests election to file Affidavit disclosing details of his property and criminal cases pending against him. Unfortunately, there was no system to check the information given by the candidates.
3. Election Commission of India passed an order making it necessary for political parties to hold their organizational elections and file their income tax returns.