Explain how the activities of pressure groups are useful in the functioning of
The activities of pressure groups are useful in the functioning of a democratic government in the following ways:
- The pressure groups and movements have deepened the democracy.
- Public Interest groups and movements perform a useful role of reminding the needs and concerns of the ordinary citizens.
- Where different groups function actively, no single group can achieve dominance over the society.
- If one groups brings pressure on the government to make policies in its favour, another group will bring counter pressure not to make policies in the way first group desires.
- This leads to balance of power and accommodation of conflicting interests.
hope this helps you frnd......
Pressure groups are important in the functioning of a democratic government as they provide an opportunity for marginalised people to voice their opinions. In some cases, the government’s opinion might be biased by a small group of rich and powerful people. It is here that pressure groups step in and force the government to make policies which will benefit certain other sections of society as well.
- Pressure group report the govt. unwilling of work to media.
- Pressure group can also go to the court for the negligency of work or misuse of country money by govt.
- Pressure group can also report to the neglgency of work by govt. to the citizens,so they do not give vote in the next election.