Describe the adaptation of lotus.
Lotus is a water plant which grows in water rich environment with an excessive amount of sunlight. It has various adaptations which helps it in surviving under those conditions. Some of these are:
Leaves of Lotus plant are very wide and disc shaped. This allows them to float on water and absorb large amount of sunlight.
The stem and leaf surfaces of Lotus are coated with a wax which is very difficult to wet. Therefore, it keeps the surfaces free from excessive water even in water rich environment.
- Some aquatic plants are submerged in water and the parts of such plants grow underwater
- Some of these plants have narrow and thin - ribbon like leaves which bend in the flowing water
- In some submerged plants ,leaves are often highly divided ,through which the water can easily flow without damaging them
Most Probably This Is Right ,
1) Lotus leaves are wide and disc-shaped, which allows them to float on water.
2) Lotus leaf and stem surfaces are coated in a wax that is super-hydrophobic, meaning it repels water and is very difficult to wet.
If You Think That This Is Incorrect ,
Please Refer Meritnation Experts