Compare oxidative phosphorylation and photo phosphorylation.
- The process of formation of ATP in chloroplast in the presence of sunlight
Photo-phosphorylation is of two types:
- Non-cyclic photo-phosphorylation
- Cyclic photo-phosphorylation
You can refer to the study material at the following link for details
- Production of proton gradient needed for the production of ATP is provided by the energy of oxidation−reduction reaction. Therefore, the process is called oxidative phosphorylation.
Complex V (ATP synthase) is involved. It has two major components
- F 0 − integral membrane protein; forms a channel through which H + cross the inner membrane
- F 1 − passage of H + induces conformational changes in F 1 , which forms a site for synthesis of ATP from ADP; for each ATP produced, 2H + pass through F 0 , down the electrochemical proton gradient
The basic difference between them is as follows:
|Occurs in chloroplast||Occurs in mitochondria|
|Requires presence of sunlight||Sunlight is not required|