1) People living in acertain region have a high incidence of skin cancer can you identify one possible cause for this?
2) An aquarium owner, on a rather cold day, put a heater in his aquarium, which made the water warm but not hot. He thought the fish would like that however all his fish died. What could be the reason for this?
1 The high incidence of the skin cancer in the particular region may be due to the depletion of ozone layer over that region which causes UV radiation from sun to reach on earth.
The possible reasons for death of fish may be,
- One possible reason for this could be that due to sudden change in temperature, the fishes could not adapt to it as fishes adapt slowly to change in the environment .
- Another possible reason could be that the higher temperature of water lowers the solubility of air in water. Thus the air escaped. So the fish may have died due to the lack of oxygen.
- Fish might be suffering from some disease that became more worse with increase in temperature.